Jason M. Kaufer
Mr. Kaufer joined the firm in 2014 on a full time basis after ten years of working for the firm on an "of counsel" basis and simultaneously managing his own law firm. prior to starting his own practice, he worked for New York City based defense firms for nearly ten years. This permits Mr. Kaufer to have a keen understanding of the litigation process from both the perspective of a defendant and a plaintiff. He has successfully tried numerous cases in both the state and the federal courts and has negotiated many favorable settlements on behalf of his clients. In addition, Mr. Kaufer has written and argued several appeals before the appellate courts of New York.
Mr. Kaufer gives each client, and each case, the specific level of attention that is required to have a successful resolution. He makes himself available at any time to speak to or meet with his clients to discuss and resolve any concerns or questions that they have. He has a reputation in the legal community of being a strong advocate for his clients.
Mr. Kaufer is admitted to the bar in New York. He is also admitted to the United States District Court for both the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York. He is a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and has lectured in numerous settings on the topic of risk avoidance.
Mr. Kaufer is a graduate of New York Law School where he received his J.D. degree. He also has a B.A. from Concordia University of Montreal, Canada.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Lead poisoning
- Product Liability
- New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1997
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1994
- Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec
- B.A. - 1990
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Jason M. Kaufer, LLC, Principal , 2004 to 2014
- Bower, Sanger & Lawrence, P.C., 2001 to 2003
- Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman & Dicker, LLP, 2000 to 2001
- Aaronson, Rappaport, Feinstein & Deutsch, LLP, 1995 to 1999