Well-Versed In Nursing Home Neglect In New York
At the law firm of Paul B. Weitz & Associates, PC, we care deeply about the rights and well-being of senior adults in assisted living, nursing homes, hospitals and receiving in-home care. When a caretaker abuses their role and those in their care, we believe serious repercussions are owed.
When To Contact Lawyer For Nursing Home Abuse
When you suspect something is not right with your loved one or you see something suspicious or harmful, it is better to be safe than sorry. We will listen carefully to your situation and can help determine the best next steps, such as talking with the senior adult, seeing a medical professional or discussing the issue with the nursing home staff.
The situation may turn into a liability issue, pressing criminal charges, an investigation by protective services or a civil action lawsuit. We can help guide this process to ensure the best care for your loved one, and to pursue fair compensation for personal damages.
Abuse And Neglect Claims For Nursing Homes
If you suspect your loved one is being abused or neglected in their living situation, contact an attorney experienced in these matters right away. We represent cases involving:
- Taking advantage of deteriorating mental conditions
- Bedsores due to failure to regularly reposition bed-bound residents
- Neglect or physical harm to an adult incapable of self-care
- Psychological damage or influence to older adults
- Institutional negligence by the staff or an unsafe living situation
- Poorly trained, inadequate or historically violent staff members
- Isolation of senior adults in their residency
Do You Suspect A Loved One Is Suffering Nursing Home Abuse
Abuse and neglect of senior adults is a serious offense. Call the law firm of Paul B. Weitz & Associates, PC, at our New York City office at 212-346-0045 . We can help review the evidence of your case with a free initial consultation. You may also schedule a meeting using our simple online form. Hablamos español.